This is my first time to get into Blogger! I am very interested in this idea about creating a blog for a course as a record of what I learned and think! It is so excited for me to write an entry to talk about something related to the course in a university! Bravo! I do think blog is a place where people like to share and communicate their opinions about the world and minds. I'd like to share what I think about the course frankly, but I am hoping to read your entry and comments at the same time.
First of all, there are some opinions that why I choose this course in the first place. To be honest, I think some of you have heard some rumours about the course, like myself, which is an "easy course" designed for people who are at the basic level of computer. I am a fourth year student, who like to make my CGPA as high as possible. That is why I believed the rumours and chose the course as soon as I can. However, when I took the first lecture. I hate to say, but this is absolutely not an "easy course" as I thought in the first place. I didn't regret about my choice, because I found fun in this course. There, indeed, is something really attracting me to continue work on computer science.
Then I went to the first class, this is my second change that caused by this course. I changed my thought on computer science. Before that, I thought that computer science or computer is just as easy as a calculator. That computer is a giant smart machine which can do everything was my definition of computer. I did not know anything about computational thinking. When I went to the first class, I did learn that computational thinking is a precise process just like our brain does. Prof said that there was a long history for algorithms, which is a base of computational thinking. We all believe that the first computer ENIAC was born in Pennsylvania State in 1942, yet we don't know that the first programmer was a female! Those are something really shock me.
Those are my first feeling about this course. Interesting and getting fun from the process of learning! I still want to work out the formula about that problem of folding paper! Having fun encourages me to move forward. Looking forward to having something new and interesting tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment